Building your Internal Communication team and its competencies should be closely aligned to the needs of your organization. Establishing the current challenges that the business faces is crucial in this, and there are specific questions you can ask yourself:
- Is engagement waning?
- Is attrition rising?
- Are there formal collaborative employee networks in place?
- Are employees aware of the organization’s goals?
- Are employees aligned to where the organization is heading?
- Do they know their role in the organization’s success?
- Is trust in leadership dropping?
- Is the basic infrastructure in place?
- Are timely, consistent, relevant, and frequent messages missing?
To make sure your team is able to respond to these challenges, you need to coach them effectively. Check out my article that was printed in the May/June 2013 edition of Strategic Communication Management Magazine by clicking here.